This law office is a small firm with a single attorney--which means that each and every aspect of your case receives my personal and dedicated attention.
A small firm also means less overhead for me and lower attorney's fees for you. Let's work together to craft a framework of representation that meets both your legal needs and your personal budget.
Contact the office today to learn more.
Honors & Awards:
University of Arizona
- Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Barbara A. Atwood Scholar
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Scholar
- CALI Award in Legal Research
- Outstanding Performance Award in Legal Writing
Western Association of Graduate Schools
- Nominee: Distinguished Master's Thesis Award
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Phi Beta Kappa
Scholarly Publications & Presentations:
Divorce & Division: Reincorporating the Marginalized Voices of Children, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, thesis no. 1606039 (2015).
(De)Constructing the Family Law Rights Framework, Reimagining the Child: Proceedings of the 2016 Rutgers-Camden Graduate Student Conference in Childhood Studies, eds. Julian Burton & Katie Fredricks (September 2017).
Memberships & Service:
State Bar of New Mexico
- Young Lawyer's Division: Board Member (2018), Social Media Chair
- Children's Law Section: Secretary, Board Member (2018-2020), YLD Liaison (2017)
- Elder Law Section: YLD Liaison (2018)
- Family Law Section
- Solo & Small Firm Section
- NM Women's Bar
American Bar Association
- Young Lawyer's Division
- Solo, Small Firm, and General Practice Division
I moved from Tucson, Arizona to Albuquerque in December 2016, and have fallen in love with the mountains, the weather, and the people here.
Going into law school, I knew that I wanted to help people--I did not want to sit at a desk all day staring at numbers and proof-reading contracts for large companies! I was also intensely interested in personal dynamics, emotions, and the pressures that society puts on people. So I was immediately drawn to family and juvenile / children's law.
Focusing on family law issues throughout my studies, I edited and revised the self-service forms used by people representing themselves in divorce and paternity cases in Pima County, Arizona; represented children in abuse and neglect proceedings as a student attorney at the U of A; clerked for family and juvenile court judges; and earned a Certificate in Family and Juvenile Law.
I practice in the following areas:
* Adult Guardianships (as guardian ad litem or petitioning attorney in cases involving allegedly incapacitated adults)
* Wills & Estate Planning (Drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Health Care Directives / "Living Wills")
* Uncontested Probate (navigation of the probate system in uncontested cases involving wills or intestacy)
* Family Law (divorce, parentage, child support/custody, post-decree modification; guardian ad litem in contested custody case)
* Abuse & Neglect (as guardian ad litem or youth attorney for children in foster care)
The content on this website is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as formal legal advice. This website does not provide legal advice or services, and the use of any information on this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Copyright © The Law Office of Shasta N. Inman, LLC All Rights Reserved