I moved from Tucson, Arizona to Albuquerque in December 2016, and have fallen in love with the mountains, the weather, and the people here.
Going into law school, I knew that I wanted to help people--I did not want to sit at a desk all day staring at numbers and proof-reading contracts for large companies! I was also intensely interested in personal dynamics, emotions, and the pressures that society puts on people. So I was immediately drawn to family and juvenile / children's law.
Focusing on family law issues throughout my studies, I edited and revised the self-service forms used by people representing themselves in divorce and paternity cases in Pima County, Arizona; represented children in abuse and neglect proceedings as a student attorney at the U of A; clerked for family and juvenile court judges; and earned a Certificate in Family and Juvenile Law.
(505) 227-4554 (main office line); firstname.lastname@example.org; Legal Assistant, Kelly Ramirez: email@example.com
Scholarly Publications, Presentations, & CLEs:
"Ethics / Professionalism: Cultural Competency Training Re LGBTQ Clients & Colleagues" (CLE moderator & organizer), ABA YLD Fall Conference (Oct. 5, 2019, New Orleans).
"Simple Tips to Keeping it Ethical & Professional with LGBTQ Cultural Competency," submitted for publication in TYL (Fall 2019).
"(De)Constructing the Family Law Rights Framework," Reimagining the Child: Proceedings of the 2016 Rutgers-Camden Graduate Student Conference in Childhood Studies, eds. Julian Burton & Katie Fredricks (September 2017).
Divorce & Division: Reincorporating the Marginalized Voices of Children, ProQuest Dissertations Publishing, thesis no. 1606039 (2015).
Professional Service & Memberships:
State Bar of New Mexico
- Young Lawyers Division: Vice Chair, Social Media & Membership Engagement Chair (2019); Board Member, Social Media Chair (2018)
- Children's Law Section: Secretary (2017-present), Board Member (2018-2020), YLD Liaison (2017)
- Elder Law Section: YLD Liaison (2018)
- Solo & Small Firm Section member
- NM Women's Bar Association member
American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
* Vice Chair, Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Committee; Resolutions Team Member; Affiliates Assistance Team Member
* YLD Scholar (2018-19): Law Student Outreach Team & Sexual Orientation &
Gender Identity Committee assignments
- Solo, Small Firm, & General Practice Division member
This law office is a small firm with a single attorney and a legal assistant--which means that each and every aspect of your case receives our personal and dedicated attention.
A small firm also means less overhead for us and lower attorney's fees for you. Let's work together to craft a framework of representation that meets both your legal needs and your personal budget.
The Law Office of Shasta N. Inman, LLC is not accepting new clients at this time.
Please keep us in mind for your future family law and estate planning needs!
Honors & Awards:
University of Arizona
- Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Barbara A. Atwood Scholar
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Scholar
- CALI Award in Legal Research
- Outstanding Performance Award in Legal Writing
Western Association of Graduate Schools
- Nominee: Distinguished Master's Thesis Award
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Phi Beta Kappa
Notary Public (State of New Mexico)
I practice in the following areas:
* Kinship Guardianships (requesting appointment of adult caregivers as legal guardians for minor children in their home)
* Step-Parent Adoptions (assisting step-parents in legally adopting their spouse's children, no termination of the other parent's rights required!)
* Adult Guardianships (as guardian ad litem or petitioning attorney in cases involving allegedly incapacitated adults)
* Wills & Estate Planning (drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Health Care Directives / "Living Wills")
* Uncontested Probate (navigation of the probate system in uncontested cases involving wills or intestacy)
* Divorce / Parentage (as guardian ad litem in contested custody cases)
* Abuse & Neglect (as guardian ad litem or youth attorney for children in foster care, or as attorney for Respondent Parents)
The content on this website is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as formal legal advice. This website does not provide legal advice or services, and the use of any information on this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Copyright © The Law Office of Shasta N. Inman, LLC All Rights Reserved